Tuesday 22 April 2014

Meet the Team - Anneke de Clerck

Welcome to the latest in our regular series introducing some of the designers who contribute regularly  to Craft Stamper. Today, Anneke de Clerck shares a bit of her stamping story with us...


"Hi everyone,
I’Anneke. I live in a small village in Belgium together with my husband. We have a 25 year old daughter. I became part of the Craft Stamper design team in 2013 and really enjoy creating for the magazine!

I've been fond of crafting for as long as I can remember. My mother was always busy sewing, knitting…. In fact I was brought up with it. I really don’t know why I always want to make things, it is so normal to me,  just like breathing is.

I love card making, bookbinding, working in my Art Journal, making canvases

can’t remember when I bought my first stamp, it’s too long ago :-) I took a card making workshop once, that was the start of my stamp addiction :-)

I’ve been part of the Art Journey design team since 2012."


Favourite project #1: I have a ‘Cards & Tins’ item on my blog. Every now and then I make a card inspired by a tin out of my huge tin collection. For more Cards and Tins take a look HERE.

{this project is blogged here}

Q: Do you have a signature style or favourite technique?


A: On most of my projects I use stamps and my work is usually very colourful. And I love perfection. :-) I'm fond of embellishments but my own style is rather clean and simple.

Over the years I have become more interested in all kinds of techniques and in mixed media art. I often translate art journaling/mixed media techniques into cards. I love experimenting with different kinds of paints/inks, a great way to express my creativity! My favourite paints of the moment are the Golden Fluid Acrylics. Love the fact that they provide bright colours but stay transparent.

Favourite project #2: I’m fond of colours and a clean style, obvious isn’t it :-)


{this project is blogged here}


Q: Where do you look for inspiration before you start on a project?

A: Inspiration is everywhere. Recently I looked at the towels in my bathroom and I was immediately inspired by their colours. I used the combination on one of my cards. I often look for inspiration outdoors: on the street,  in a shop or in the garden…

I took online courses from Christy Tomlinson, Donna Downey, Junelle Jacobsen….These  ladies are very inspiring to me.

I have a sketchbook in which I note ideas, colour combinations, stamp combinations….This is a great tool when it comes to creating new projects.  But I often change my mind during the process, let my hands do the thinking.

Favourite project #3: I made this shadowbox for a stamping friend. I  tried to portray her love for stamps, books, beads, buttons, inchiesstitches….



{this project is blogged here}

Favourite project #4: I love bookbinding. I have taken several bookbinding courses over the years. There hasn't been much time to make books lately and I've missed it.  A day should have more hours :-) This is a simple one  I made last year. It’s a harmonica folded book made from beer mats. I love to recycle ‘everyday items’ into my art.

{this project is blogged here}



I hope you enjoyed this brief introduction. If you want to see more of my work you can visit my blog. It would be an honour to meet you there.

We hope you've enjoyed meeting another of the Craft Stamper team - thanks to Anneke for inviting us to peek into her creative life!

12 comments:

  1. So good to find out more about what makes you 'tick' creatively Anneke. And that's a fantastic choice of projects for demonstrating your beautiful style. Thank you so much for sharing. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Anneke your work is beatiful....thanks for your insparatie.... l love your blog the color's special......gr. Joukje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leuk verslag Anneke, grappig hoe je beschrijft waarom je steeds iets "moet" maken, zo herkenbaar :) en je weet ik ben dol op je werk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of Anneke's beautiful, colorful work. I was lucky enough to receive that gorgeous shadow box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anneke your projects are lovely, I love to have colour in my projects too but haven't quite managed a simple style but still learning. I too love the mixed media altered art style at the moment.
    Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat een mooi artikel met mooie creaties Anneke...geniet ervan :-)
    Groetjes, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat een leuk artikel! Heel terecht dat je bij Craft Stamper in het designteam zit, je maakt prachtige dingen!
    Groetjes van Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow your blog ....wonderful colors...fascinating creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ladies, great to read all this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to hear how you started stamping and what inspires you Anneke! As always I'm totally inspired by your creations, and love your style! Chris x

    ReplyDelete